Felicia Salvatore, Town Clerk
1 Overocker Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
After Hours Contact Funeral Directors Only
NYS Senator Sue Serino stopped by the Town Clerk's Office to meet our Town Clerk’s rescue puppy and learn about Clerk Salvatore’s Dog Enumeration.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Except for hunting and fishing until 3:30 and Marriage License Applications from 8:15 to 3:00.
Office of Vital Statistics
Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Birth Amendments, Death Amendments, Burial Permits for Funeral Homes, Genealogical Searches for Birth, Death, and Marriage Records after 1880 only, for records in the Town of Poughkeepsie only. Births must have been either at home, in the Town of Poughkeepsie, or in Saint Francis Hospital before 1975.
- Obtaining Copies of Birth Certificates
- Obtaining Copies of Death Certificates
- Obtaining Copies of Marriage Transcripts
- Obtaining Genealogy Copies
Marriage License Application:
8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday ~$40.00 fee cash or credit- no personal checks for a marriage license. Both parties must be present at same time and in the Town of Poughkeepsie, we require original Birth Certificates. If this is not your 1st marriage we require that you provide any and all divorce papers/ death certificate. All documents must be in English, if not must be translated by a certified translation company. We do not accept self-translations or online translations.
1 Overocker Road, Poughkeepsie, New York 12603 located on Level Two. Driveway right before the Elks Club on the Left, or if coming down Overocker from Rt. 44- Driveway on the right after the Elks Club.
- Notices of Public Hearing
- Dog Licensing Program
- Town Code
- Form for FOIL requests
- How to obtain your parking permit for temporary or permanent disability
- The form to apply for a disabled parking permit is available here.
- The form to apply for a Block Party is here.
- If you are planning a Bike-A-Thon, Walk-A-Thon, Run, or Car Wash, please use this form.
- To apply for a Parade License, please use this form.
- Circus, Carnival, Events, Flea Market/ Car Shows
- Instructions for completing an Application for Change of Zone are available here. The actual form is below.
- Click here for the form to apply for a Change of Zone.