Location: 19 Conlin Street
19 Conklin Street was built by Asa Conklin and George Smith in 1860 as part of their development of Conklin Street in New Hamburg. A two-storey, four-room house with a two-storey kitchen rear extension sited part way up Crow Hill above the street. Architecturally, it is a combination of Gothic Revival and Italianate features with scroll corbels, Gothic ornamentation particularly on the side entrance portico with full length parlor, 4-pane windows, and double windows on the upper floor overlooking the Hudson River and the hills above Beacon, NY. It retains its original clapboard siding and mortise and tenon construction, and like all the Asa Conklin houses on the uphill side of the street, the main entrance to the house is on the side to avoid the incoming wind that normally moves against the street from the southwest.